Skip navigation
Favorites
Sign up to follow your favorites on all your devices.
Sign up
Odds by

Rotoworld

  • FA Shortstop #7
    Personalize your Rotoworld feed by favoriting players
    According to The Athletic’s Ken Rosenthal, free agent shortstop Tim Anderson is a potential target for the Marlins.
    Rosenthal notes that the Marlins are in the market for a starting shortstop are are “mulling over” a group that includes Tim Anderson, Amed Rosario, Adalberto Mondesi and Nick Ahmed. With Jon Berti currently slated to start at short for Miami, there is a path to 500 or more plate appearances to whoever signs there, which could make it an intriguing place for a one-year deal for somebody like Anderson, Mondesi, or Rosario as they look to recoup some of their previous value around the league.
  • FA Shortstop #43
    Adalberto Mondesi is drawing some interest from the Marlins, according to the New York Post’s Jon Heyman.
    Mondesi failed to make it back from Apr. 2022 ACL surgery last season, so while he’s still just 28 years old, he’s a total wild card at this point. Still, if the Marlins aren’t willing to pay the price for Tim Anderson, then giving Mondesi a shot isn’t a terrible idea. Jon Berti tops their depth chart at shortstop at the moment.
  • BOS Shortstop #43
    Adalberto Mondesi (knee) has been shut down from baseball activities.
    Here’s an oversimplification: It appears highly unlikely that Mondesi will return this season after experiencing yet another setback in his recovery from last year’s left knee surgery. The 28-year-old speedster appeared to be making some progress earlier this month, but he’s most likely not going to have enough time to ramp up before the regular season ends. He’ll be a free agent at the conclusion of the year.
  • BOS Shortstop #43
    Adalberto Mondesi (knee) has been ramping up baseball activities as he’s finally making progress in his recovery from left knee surgery.
    The 28-year-old has been taking ground balls, hitting and running on the field. It’s an intriguing development for sure, but at this point it’s hard to count on Mondesi for anything this season. He’ll require a lengthy minor league rehab assignment — and will need to make it through that fully healthy — before being an option for the Red Sox.
  • FA Shortstop #48
    Red Sox’ manager Alex Cora told reporters on Tuesday that Adalberto Mondesi (knee) has been shut down from all baseball activities.
    Now, not only is he not progressing in his recovery from a torn ACL, now he’s not able to do the few baseball activities that he had already been doing. At this point, it’s hard to expect Mondesi to contribute anything to the Red Sox this season.

  • FA Shortstop #48
    Red Sox manager Alex Cora told reporters on Saturday that Adalberto Mondesi (knee) is still not making progress in his recovery from left knee surgery.
    The Red Sox just keep kicking the can down the road as to when Mondesi may be ready to return, as he’s simply not making any progress in his return from a torn ACL in his knee. At this point, fantasy managers in redraft leagues without injured reserve spots may want to take the loss and cut bait.

  • FA Shortstop #48
    Adalberto Mondesi (knee) is not close to playing in minor league rehab games yet.
    Red Sox manager Alex Cora said Wednesday that Mondesi remains limited to defensive drills and that it’s a matter of pain tolerance in his surgically-repaired left knee at this point in his rehabilitation process. There is no timetable for his return at the moment and it’s starting to sound like he won’t return until sometime after the All-Star break, if at all.

  • FA Shortstop #48
    Adalberto Mondesi (knee) was re-evaluated last week and has yet to be cleared for a minor league rehab assignment.
    Mondesi continues to ramp up baseball activities, but hasn’t been cleared start playing in minor league games. The 27-year-old speedster is eligible to return from the injured list next month, but there isn’t a clear timetable for his return yet.

  • FA Shortstop #48
    Adalberto Mondesi (knee) worked out with the Red Sox on the field in Tampa Bay on Monday, taking batting practice and ground balls.
    The dynamic 27-year-old opened the season on the 60-day injured list, so he won’t be ready to join the big league club until the beginning of June. Still, if he winds up looking good on his minor league rehab assignment, he could make for an interesting stash as Mondesi has the ability to be a major impact contributor in fantasy leagues -- even in a short amount of time.

  • FA Shortstop #48
    Red Sox placed INF Adalberto Mondesi on the 60-day injured list with a right knee injury.
    This certainly qualifies as a surprise, since the roster move will keep Mondesi, who is still working his way back from last year’s surgery to repair a torn ACL in his right knee, out until June at the earliest. However, the Red Sox have been saying all spring that there isn’t a timetable for the 27-year-old speedster to make his Boston debut. It’s a disappointing development for fantasy managers, but his game-changing speed still makes him a worthwhile stash candidate, even in shallow mixed leagues.